Various Oddities Mod 1.16.5/1.12.2 is a mob focused Minecraft mod that is without a doubt one of the most unique mods available of this particular category. There are multitudes of Minecraft mods currently available that add a whole bunch of new mobs into the game and, while these mods can certainly add a lot of depth to the gameplay, one rather undesirable characteristic that they all share is the fact that the mobs that they feature are all fairly generic and, therefore, they tend to become repetitive after a while.
Ever been building your adventure map and found you needed something really cool to use as the model for a boss? Perhaps you’ve built a server hub and need a special look for a certain trader? And then you go and dig through the mods to find something really awesome and added it and it works great… but it also brought along world generation features, new mechanics, new ores, natural spawns, and a host of other bits and pieces that bog down your machine, assuming they don’t just break your whole setting entirely. Well weep no more! Various Oddities is specifically made as a collection of mobs with interesting and consistent models for use with Custom NPCs mod, complete with a variety of model options (found in the Extras tab when choosing a model), and with absolutely nothing else to wreak havoc on your creation.
- Kobolds, everyone’s favourite first-dungeon critter.
- the Uberwidren, a realisation of the question of what the Wither would look like if Steve was actually any good at summoning it, perfect for a dramatic boss encounter.
- Trolls, big ugly dudes who will heal most damage naturally over time.
- Ogres, similar-but-distinct big ugly dudes.
- Goblins, everyone’s other favourite first-dungeon critter. Fond of 10′ x 10′ rooms with a single chest.
- Pegasi & Flying Donkeys, for all your terrain-traversing convenience.
- Mimics, the treasure chest that bites back.
- Gryphons, a tasteful travel option for your trip to Stormwind City.
- Monkeys, now with 100% less poop.
- Giant Crabs, enemy or otherwise.
- Floating Skulls and Disembodied Heads, spoopy.
A colourful collection of kobolds
Doom Looms Large
Not quite Fabergé, but quite fancy
Pegasi and Winged Donkeys
Goblins and Trolls
How to install:
- Make sure you have already installed Minecraft Forge.
- Locate the minecraft application folder.
- On windows open Run from the start menu, type %appdata% and click Run.
- On mac open finder, hold down ALT and click Go then Library in the top menu bar. Open the folder Application Support and look for Minecraft.
- Place the mod you have just downloaded (.jar file) into the Mods folder.
- When you launch Minecraft and click the mods button you should now see the mod is installed.
Various Oddities Mod 1.16.5/1.12.2 Download Links:
For Minecraft 1.12.2
For Minecraft 1.16.5