Special Mobs Mod 1.7.10 focuses on adding different types of the vanilla mobs for the purpose of bringing the Player more entertainment variety and a greater challenge. Mobs spawning have a slight chance of being a special mob instead of being a vanilla mob. This page focuses on describing the variations that a Player is likely to encounter during game play. Only special drops are mentioned.
This mod adds many new variants of the existing Minecraft monsters. As well as simply adding new monsters, it also tweaks some existing ones. For example, baby monsters will drop items, and Endermen will drop their held item when killed. Skeletons will also be able to hold non-bow tools. New monsters include Fire Creepers, Death Creepers, Doom Creepers, and Jumping Creepers. It adds variants for all vanilla Minecraft mob types, but it’s mostly known for its Creeper variants.
- This mod adds in tons of new unique Ghasts. There are many unique ones with different abilities and drops. They can shoot fireballs, bite you, summon mobs, pick up mobs, and regenerate health.
- This mod adds in many new Spiders that have their own abilities. Some of them are small and weak while others are big and deadly. Be sure to watch you back because some walk through walls and other jump large distances.
- This mod adds in new varieties of Zombie Pigmen. These mobs have special abilities that make them more challenging and exciting. They also have different drops and rare drops.
- This mod adds in brand new enchants and more silverfish. These enchants increase damage and hit through armor, give bad potion effects, and also poison mobs. The new mobs add more variety and challenge to your Silverfish fighting.
- This mod adds in Endermen. There are many unique ones with different abilities and drops. They can shoot freeze you, shoot lightning, teleport you, and more.
- This mod adds in a variety of new Creeper mobs. Each one has its own special abilities and powers. A cool feature of this mod is the ability to gain many different materials from creepers that you normally wouldn’t be able to. Watch your back, because creepers are everywhere.
How to install:
- Make sure you have already installed Minecraft Forge.
- Locate the minecraft application folder.
- On windows open Run from the start menu, type %appdata% and click Run.
- On mac open finder, hold down ALT and click Go then Library in the top menu bar. Open the folder Application Support and look for Minecraft.
- Place the mod you have just downloaded (.jar file) into the Mods folder.
- When you launch Minecraft and click the mods button you should now see the mod is installed.
Special Mobs Mod 1.7.10 Download Links:
For Minecraft 1.5.2
For Minecraft 1.6.4/1.6.2
For Minecraft 1.7.10