Better Fishing Mod 1.12.2 is a mod that redefines the boring fishing mechanism by making it fun and challenging. With the new mechanism, you actually have to reel in accurately to catch a fish. The goal of this mod is to improve the vanilla fishing mechanism by making it a bit more challenging and rewarding. Introducing more fishes and a new mechanic to fish, it may be used in other modpack to improve the food production as well. This mod is for anyone who wants to have a fun and realistic fishing experience with more in-depth and challenging mechanism and a variety of new fishes.
There are two new keys. Reel In and Reel Out. When you Reel In, you make your line more tigher and when you Reel Out, you loosen the line. Now based on certain fish, you will have different balance to reel. You can listen to the pitch of the audio to get the reel right or use the HUD. Once you think you got the reel right, press right click again to catch the fish. If your reel was right, you will get the fish.
Now depending on a lot of environmental variables like if the water is a saltwater or freshwater, if it’s a certain time of day, if it’s raining, etc, you will find different fishes. Now all fishes have different characteristics which is fully customizeable. Things like how intelligent a fish signifies how long they are going to stay on the hook. Things like their weight signifies how tight the reel needs to be, etc. Once you do get a fish, you can check it’s weight in pounds on the item. Every fish have different weight including the ones on the same type. Depending on the maturity of the fish and how well it survived in the depths, you might get a Tuna that is huge. Or you will get a Tuna that can’t even feed a cat. Once you get your fish, put it on the crafting area and you will get some slices of fish depending on how big the fish was.
Also, you can determine if a fish is quick, agile and intelligent by how bubbles it creates when it’s on the hook.
- Realistic fishing system by introducing the reeling mechanism. Allowing fishing to be a fun and challenging experience.
- Variety of new fishes both freshwater and saltwater.
- Each and every single fish have their own personality and characteristics. Some fishes are extremely harder to catch than others. Characteristics includes when the fish goes to the surface(day, night or any), if they only go to the surface when it’s raining, if they are saltwater or freshwater fish, how fast they move, how intelligent they are, or how big they are(weight in pounds), or how rare they are. You can turn those fish into slices of raw fishes. Depending on the weight of the fish, you will get that portion of slices. Even fish from the same specie will have a bit of different attributes like weight or speed.
- Fully Customizeable. Every part of the mod is customizeable including the HUD, the difficulty of fishing, the fishes themselves.
- Tuna: Really intelligent, fast and agile, normal sized, doesn’t require rain to go to surface, will be hanging any time of the day, a bit rare, can only be found in saltwater.
- Catfish: Not that intelligent, slow, huge sized, requires rain to go to surface, will be hanging around only at daytime, really rare, can only be found in freshwater.
- Salmon: Normal intelligence, normal speed, normal sized, doesn’t require rain to go to surface, will be hanging any time of the day, not that rare, can only be found in saltwater.
- Carp: A bit dumb, fast enough, smaller size, doesn’t require rain to go to surface, will be hanging any time of the day, really common, can only be found in freshwater.
- Mackerel: A bit dumb, fast enough, tiny size, doesn’t require rain to go to surface, will be hanging any time of the day, extremely common, can only be found in saltwater.
How to use:
- When you cast your fishing rod, you will get a HUD on the top of your screen.
- Now by default, the fish will be tugging the line so you will have to fight that and balance the line by pressing the “Reel In” or “Reel Out” key to tighten or loosen the line.
- The blue line in the middle indicates the perfect balance and when you right click again, you will get a fish.
- Tip: You know a fish moves fast if it’s pulling the line a lot or the bubbles it produces on the water.
How to install:
- Make sure you have already installed Minecraft Forge.
- Locate the minecraft application folder.
- On windows open Run from the start menu, type %appdata% and click Run.
- On mac open finder, hold down ALT and click Go then Library in the top menu bar. Open the folder Application Support and look for Minecraft.
- Place the mod you have just downloaded (.jar file) into the Mods folder.
- When you launch Minecraft and click the mods button you should now see the mod is installed.
Better Fishing Mod 1.12.2 Download Links:
For Minecraft 1.12.2
Download from Server 1 – Download from Server 2